Sunday, February 15, 2009

Memories from Charlotte Price

Anyone who was fortunate to receive a bear hug from Pat Nielsen knew how completely she could love – the Lord, her family, the Gospel, her friends, serving in the church, children, music, and life itself. She had a sensitivity and personal awareness of the needs and welfare of others. When I first was called to serve on the Primary General Board, Pat was similar to a “senior companion” to me – she took me under her wing, welcomed me, and stayed by my side. She trained me as we worked together on committees and presenting workshops.

Pat was always inclusive, reaching out to others in friendship and love. She was tender, insightful, wise, thoughtful, loyal and constantly happy.

Pat worked wonders with music! Always joyful, she had the ability to make singing meaningful, yet fun. Children throughout the world have been blessed by her talents and insights. I will always remember three music presentations which Pat taught us, and thinking back these songs sum up Pat’s life and teachings:

“Give Said the Little Stream”

“As I have Loved You”

“I Am a Child of God”

Pat knew who she was – a daughter of our Heavenly Father. She knew what she was about – serving the Lord and building His Kingdom, along with her family. She always reflected His light, and will continue to do so throughout the eternities, through the legacy of her work, faith and testimony.


My life will be forever blessed by my noble and gracious friend, Pat Nielsen. I love you Pat!
Charlotte Price

No comments:

Post a Comment