Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Note from Susan Smith

I loved your Mom so much. I feel so fortunate to have known her and spent time with her during the last 8 years. I just want to express to all of you what a wonderful work this fine lady did for our extended Schaar family. It is due to her hard work and dedication that we have the genealogy complied of our Schaar ancestors, as well as the descendants of the family. Without her hard work we would not have the written histories and pictures of these ancestors that have become dear to all of us because we now know something about them. All the descendants were updated as of September 2008. She has given each of us a wonderful legacy that we and our children will benefit from for many years to come.

As I served in the temple today, I couldn't stop thinking of Pat. I recalled reading the other day in D&C 118:24 where it talks about a great book being compiled that contains the records of our dead. I couldn't help but picture our Pat with her beautiful white hair, dressed in white, in the Spirit World now being able to work with other of our ancestors who have gone before, to continue the work of compiling that record.


I pray that your family will be uplifed and comforted and strengthened during this week and into the future. Love and best wishes to all of you.

Susan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment