Thursday, February 12, 2009

Note to Pat from Michaelene Grassli

Dear Pat,
Leonard and I are sorry to hear that you are so very sick. We are in Switzerland serving an Institute Outreach mission, which may be the same kind of mission you and Kent served in California. I wish I were not so far away! I would come hold your hand and give you a love for few minutes, if I could.

Pat, I think you know what high regard I have for you and your service on the Primary General Board. Your depth of gospel knowledge and your creativity gave you such insight into teaching children Primary songs. You knew how to make it fun and engaging, while maintaining the reverence due the gospel topic you were teaching. I would love to have just the creativity in your little finger! Your contributions on committees and in board meetings were highly valued, and we felt that you always were supportive of the goals of the presidency and board.

Your testimony radiated in everything you did. I especially appreciated your warm, cheerful enthusiasm and positive approach to assignments from us and decisions we made, and I have to say that your smile and big bear hugs always made my day! No one could be downhearted around you.


Please know that I love you, not only for all the talents you brought to the board, but also for your kind friendship and loyalty. I loved that you would come from Provo to attend the temple with us after our release. Maintaining the friendships we formed while serving together has blessed me greatly.

May the Lord's choicest blessings be with you at this time of your life. May you feel His loving arms around you, sustaining and comforting you.

With deepest affection,
Michaelene Grassli

No comments:

Post a Comment