Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Memories from Anne Wirthlin

Dear Pat,
I recently received word of your struggle with cancer. I wanted to pick up the phone and call or go down and see you, but decided a card might be better. I had learned of your diagnosis after we returned from Nauvoo. At the time, you were going through chemo treatments, and we were all hopeful. Our lives surely are in the hands of a loving Heavenly Father. You have been in our thoughts and prayers, and we know He is watching over you.

I want to thank you, Pat, for so many happy memories I have of you. First of all, in leading Primary Children's Music. I remember how I struggled with music that had a 6/8 timing. I wondered how I could make it flow when my hands seemed to be going faster than they should for the music. I had to get all 6 beats in . And then I watched you lead in the most beautiful flowing way only making 2 beats to the measure. I learned how to do it.

I remember the many times we had fun with your bells. You have a wonderful way of making hard things seem simple.

I appreciated your enthusiasm for family history and genealogy. I always wanted to take your class. In your life we see the true meaning of the scripture: "be ye doers of the word and not hearers only." You are happiest when you are in the service of your God and your fellowmen and women. You must feel how our Heavenly Father loves you for the good that you inspire in others and the service you so freely give.

I love your smile! Your beautiful spirit. I admire the way you have made Tricia's life so meaningful, especially as she participated in your mission. Your good works will go on forever. I am grateful that your life has touched mine. May our Heavenly Father's love and blessing of peace be with you.

Love,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment